Miscellaneous Talks, Committees (non Stanford), and Awards
INVITED TALKS OUTSIDE THE PRIVATE SECTOR
Some 250 talks and workshops to non-profits outside of Stanford. Ranged widely from associations of florists, to hand weavers, to architects. Included groups as diverse as plastic surgeons, 4H clubs, White House Fellows, the Association of American Publishers, the National Association of Fund Raisers, the North Carolina Arts Council, the California Presidents Association, the Scandinavian International Problem Solving Institute, the Army Engineers, the Nova Scotia Graphics Association, and the Young President’s Organization. Another 200+ talks and workshops inside Stanford ranging from alumni events through internal management training, to executive programs.
COMMITTEES AND POSITIONS OUTSIDE OF STANFORD
- California Governor’s Task Force on Toxic Wastes
- President and member, board of directors, Technology Center of Silicon Valley (now called “The Tech”)
- Consultant, Office of Invention and Innovation, Department of Commerce
- Board member and Technical Director, MAST Immunosystems Iinc.
- Vice President, University Connections Inc.
- One of Original founders of Design Committee of ASEE (Chairman)
- ASEE Aerospace Engineering Committee,
- MIT Humanities Visiting Committee
- Museum of American Heritage Advisory Board
- Board Member, Military Technology Foundation
- Program Committee, Sloan Foundation “New Liberal Arts” Program
- Dinkelspiel Award for outstanding service to Undergraduate Education at Stanford
- Lyman Award for outstanding service to Stanford University Alumni
- Geggenheimer Award (Georgia Tech) for innovation in education
- Miscellaneous teaching awards at Stanford
- California Professional Engineer #13440
- Participant in CRM training film on creativity
- Consultant to McGraw-Hill media package on creativity
- Member, Tau Beta Pi, Sigma Xi, ASEE, ASME
Last modified Fri, 10 Feb, 2017 at 15:05