Education and Short Term Employment
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 1955. Honors, top graduate in Engineering.
- One year of study in art , U.C.L.A. Dean’s Honors List, works in annual student show.
- M.S. (1959 and Ph.D.(1961 in Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University Minor in art. Dissertation topic “Effects of Long Transmission Distances upon Remote control”.
VARIOUS SHORT-TERM JOBS (Non Academic Employment)
- Hunter Douglas Co., Riverside, CA. Summers of 1951 though 1954.
- Machinist apprentice, draftsman, junior engineer, Shell Oil Company, Ventura, CA. from Caltech graduation until active duty in Air Force. Trainee (field work) and Production Engineer.
- General Motors Corp, Warren, Michigan, Summer of 1958. Design Engineer. Worked on design and production of an experimental turbine-powered car and transportation schemes for future use in congested areas.
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA. Summer of 1960. Design Engineer in spacecraft development section, Worked on Mariner A (preliminary study of a Venus spacecraft), did a study of spacecraft temperature control methods, and organized Ph.D. dissertation research (Supported by JPL- done at Stanford).
Last modified Fri, 10 Feb, 2017 at 14:43